Construction Financing: “When To Go To Market”
Ari Hirt and Steve Buchwald of the Debt & Equity Finance Desk discuss “When To Go To Market,” a new video detailing the complexities of Construction Lending.
Highlights from When To Go To Market
- When to approach lenders for construction financing?
- Ideal time to approach lenders is three to six months.
- Conditions to close: building permits, construction drawings, and buyout of major sub-contractors.
- Risks of going out too early: lender deal fatigue, market change, and budget increases.
- More construction financing in 2018 than 2017.