Scope of this policy
In addition, this policy applies to any targeted advertising or marketing services that Mission may have, including but not limited to Adroll, AdRef, Google Adwords, and/or any other advertising systems that Mission may use. These services may also have additional privacy policies or terms that may apply to you or to your information. To assist customers in understanding exactly which services Mission employs for advertising, the following list has been compiled:
- Google Adwords
- Lucky Orange
- Google Analytics
What Information Do We Collect?
TLDR Version: Mission collects your full name, your email address, your title, your company, your phone number, your IP address, your full street address including zip code and country, your site password and other authentication data, customer service information, activity on our digital properties, and basic metadata about you (device information, browser information, browsing history, and cookies). We may also collect ad data, data from other advertising partners (including pseudonymous advertiser identifiers, and other third-party information. We may also collect your digital signature (when signing confidentiality agreements or other such legal documents through our site) and payment information (when applicable for FDIC loan sales or other such deals).
We collect personal data that you voluntarily provide to us when registering to our Sites, expressing an interest in obtaining information about us, our services, deals and newsletters, when participating in activities on our sites, and/or whenever otherwise contacting us or providing information about yourself through any of the services Mission uses to advertise. This data collection will vary depending on the context of your interaction with us and/or our Sites, what other sites you visited operated by a company using the same advertising services, the choices you make, and the deals or other services we may provide to you. All personal information you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to this data. Any data obtained by third party systems is considered true to the best of our ability to verify.
Below are the following categories of information that we may collect on our website, and how we may use that information:
- Contact Information: You may provide us with your name, address, phone number and email when you set up an account with us and you may provide your name, title, company, email, address and/or phone number when you sign up for an event with us online or download content from our site.
- Account Information: We collect various security information – password, password hint, user name, email address, and other relevant security information used to authenticate to our Sites and to modify your Account for our Sites.
- Customer Service Information: Information you may provide to customer service including your email address for purposes of responding to your inquiries and survey responses.
- Digital Signatures: Where applicable, we collect your digital signature when signing various legal documentation through our site, such as confidentiality agreements and/or other deal documents. At any time, you can elect to download, print, sign, and email or submit to our Sites a non-digital version of your signature if you do not wish to use digital signatures. At no other time do we collect digital signatures.
- Financial Information: Where applicable for FDIC loan sales or other FDIC deals, we may collect credit card number or other payment account information necessary to process required FDIC payments. This information is collected directly by our payments processor and not stored at Mission.
- Activity on other sites that use our advertising vendors: This is data about your browsing activity on our websites. For example, which pages you visited and when, what items were clicked on a page, how much time was spent on a page, or whether you downloaded a white paper.
- Device and browser information: This is technical information about the device or browser you use to access our website. For example, your device’s IP address, cookie string data, operating system, and (in the case of mobile devices) your device type and mobile device’s unique identifier such as the Apple IDFA or Android Advertising ID. We may also collect whatever other system data your computer, laptop or device provides us – site referrer details, country, location, and any other usage, technical, and device metadata that is not personally identifiable information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the functionality and security of our Sites and for internal analytics and reporting purposes.
- Ad data: T his is data about the online ads we have served (or attempted to serve) to you. It includes things like how many times an ad has been served to you, what page the ad appeared on, and whether you clicked on or otherwise interacted with the ad.
- Data from Advertising Partners: This is data that we lawfully receive from other digital advertising companies that we work with (“Advertising Partners”) to help us deliver ads to you and recognize you across browsers and devices. This may include pseudonymous advertiser identifiers (meaning identifiers that help identify your browser or device, but do not directly identify you as a person) which some third party Advertising Platforms choose to share with us – for example, an identifier (such as a cookie) associated with a hashed version of your email address, or demographic data such as age range. We may work with our Advertising Partners to synchronize their unique, pseudonymous identifiers to our own to enable us to more accurately recognise a particular unique browser or device and the advertising interests associated with it.
- Hashed email addresses: Our advertising services collect hashed versions of the emails you enter on our site. Hashing is a “one-way function” that effectively pseudonymizes email addresses. For instance, when email@example.com is run through a typical hashing function, it becomes a long string of random letters and numbers, not unlike the following alphanumeric string: 0932654D8049B568EF8678935674693768954C67584486748A5476843CEA1290. We take this step to de-identify data and protect email addresses, while being able to use an identifier to better connect devices and browsers.
- Third party information: W e may collect additional information about you from other third party sources where they have the rights to share such information and we have the rights to use it, for example, demographic data or title and employer data. We use this data to better understand our customers and to better market our services to you.
TLDR Version: Mission shares your information with vendors who we use to support our business, with different teams within company, with other companies that use the same advertising vendors we use, when legally obligated to, to investigate issues and protect ourselves or you, or if we ever sell the company. We may disclose aggregated, anonymized information based on your information to third parties, or when discussing prior deals or analysing prior or future deals, e.g. “a 24MM deal with company X”.
Mission may disclose information about you in the following circumstances:
- With our service providers: We use various vendors to support our business – Salesforce, Sharefile, and others – and inasmuch as those vendors are approved by each individual client, we will share those clients’ information with those vendors as they are approved. We also may share data when dealing with billing, technology, customer or operational support for our company and/or our vendors.
- With our teams and sister companies: Mission encompasses and partners with multiple companies (Mission Capital, Mission Capital Asset Sales, Mission Global, Mission Capital Debt & Equity, EquityMultiple, and others). These companies access, process, and/or otherwise use data only for the purposes described in this privacy notice.
- With other companies that advertise with the same vendors: Through these vendors, we share hashed emails (and/or other pseudonymous identifiers associated with those hashes), and technical data that we collect about your browsing habits and your device (such as data relating to our cookies, tracking pixels and similar technologies) with other companies that use the same systems. This enables them and us to better target ads to you and for you.
- In connection with or to comply with legal requirements: When we are under legal obligation to do so, or where disclosure is necessary to exercise, establish or defend the legal rights of Mission, our teams and sister companies, or our clients, or to satisfy in good faith any applicable law, legal process or proper governmental request (such as to respond to a subpoena or other use process).
- To investigate wrongdoing and protect ourselves or our vendors / clients: To enforce the terms of service or other policies or investigate any potential violation of such, to investigate any potential violation of law or contractual obligation, or to protect ourselves, our vendors, our clients, and/or others from any potential harm.
- In connection with a sale of our business or some portion thereof: If a third party acquires some or all of our business or assets, we may disclose your information in connection with the sale (including during due diligence in preparation for the sale.
- Finally, we may disclose aggregated, anonymized information to third parties, e.g when discussing past, future or current deals with other clients, when creating reporting and/or statistics for our company, when creating advertising or media copy or content, and where applicable when our advertising vendors perform their services.
Cookies and related technologies
Cookies are small data files that are served by our systems and stored on your devices. Tracking cookies enable us to identify your devices when you move between different sites that share advertising vendors, so that we can better understand your interests and serve targeted advertising to you. Many different cookie types exist, and each advertising vendor may use different cookies for different reasons for their particular services. These cookies can also help measure viewability of an ad, prevent fraud, and store user decisions for ads and opt-out choices.
To get more information about the individual cookies dropped by our website and each of our advertising vendors, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact” link below.
We retain data for as long as necessary to provide our services and for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. For example, we may retain billing information as necessary to meet audit requirements. We may retain login information to confirm when Terms of Service were accepted. We retain cookie data such as device and browser information, ad data, and data collected on our Digital Properties associated with a cookie for up to 13 months and then delete it or anonymize it. We may also retain information as long as necessary to meet legal requirements, resolve disputes or enforce agreements.
We apply technical, administrative and organizational security measures to protect the data we collect against accidental or unlawful destruction and loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against other unlawful forms of processing.
If we are required by applicable data protection laws to obtain your consent to any material changes before they come into effect, then we will do so in accordance with those laws.
Contact us about questions or concerns
European Territory Users only
Our legal basis for processing personal data
We provide the representations and information in this section in compliance with European privacy laws, in particular the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). They are specific to persons located in EEA countries or Switzerland, so please do not rely on the below, if you are not in one of those countries.
If you are a visitor from the European Territories, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. “European Territories” mean the European Economic Area and Switzerland. For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, the term “European Territories” shall continue to include the United Kingdom, even after the United Kingdom leaves the European Economic Area following Brexit.
However, we will normally collect personal data from you where the processing is in our legitimate business interests to, for example, administer our platforms and services and fulfil our contractual obligations as a service provider.
In some cases we may collect and process personal data based on consent.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, including if you would like to better understand how our legitimate interests to process your data are balanced against your data protection rights and freedoms, then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact” link below.
Additional data protection rights for EEA residents
If you are a resident of a European Territory, you have the following enhanced rights under EU data protection law:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Information” heading below.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Information” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Specifically, you can withdraw consent for us or our partners to drop our cookies and our partners’ cookies by withdrawing consent for Mission when you see a “consent banner” on one of our sites.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Territories are available online.) However, if you have any questions about our collection and use of your personal information, please contact us first at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Please note that we have no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data we process on behalf of our clients and partners. Where we act as a processor for our clients and partners, you should direct any requests to access, correct, update, or delete your personal data to the respective client or partner. We will respond to any requests by a client or partner to provide assistance with such requests within 30 days.
If we are processing your data as a data controller, Mission Capital Advisors, LLC is the data controller of your information. To contact Mission Capital Advisors, LLC, please write to the main office at the following address:
Mission Capital Advisors, LLC.
4741 Military Trail, Suite 202
Jupiter, FL, 33458
If you wish to escalate your inquiry after contacting the main office, you are welcome to contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to
Data Protection Officer
Mission Capital Advisors, LLC.
41 Madison Avenue, 35th Floor
New York, NY 10010